When alliances between humans and orcs are sealed by marriages, half-orcs are born. Some half-orcs rise to become proud chiefs of orc tribes, their human blood giving them an edge over their full-blooded orc rivals. Some venture into the world to prove their worth among humans and other more civilized races. Many of these become adventurers, achieving greatness for their mighty deeds and notoriety for their barbaric customs and savage fury.
Source: Player's Handbook
- Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
- Age. Half-orcs mature a little faster than humans, reaching adulthood around age 14. They age noticeably faster and rarely live longer than 75 years.
- Alignment. Half-orcs inherit a tendency toward chaos from their orc parents and are not strongly inclined toward good. Half-orcs raised among orcs and willing to live out their lives among them are usually evil.
- Size. Half-orcs are somewhat larger and bulkier than humans, and they range from 5 to well over 6 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Dimvision. Thanks to your orc blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. Light sources provide 60ft. of additional dim light. You can't discern color in dim light, only shades of gray, but it does not impose disadvantage on perception checks.
- Menacing. You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
- Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Savage Attacks. When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Orc. Orc is a harsh, grating language with hard consonants. It has no script of its own but is written in the Dwarvish script.
Variant Half-Orc: Mark of Finding
Source: Eberron - Rising from the Last War
If your Half-Orc has the Mark of Finding, replace all Racial Traits found in the Player's Handbook with these, except for Age, Alignment, Size, and Speed.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
- Dimvision. Light sources provide 60ft. of additional dim light. You can't discern color in dim light, only shades of gray, but it does not impose disadvantage on perception checks.
- Hunter's Intuition. Whenever you make a Wisdom (Perception) or a Wisdom (Survival) check, you can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the total ability check.
- Finder's Magic. You can cast the Hunter's Mark spell with this trait. Starting at 3rd level, you can also cast the Locate Object spell with it. Once you cast either spell with this trait, you can't cast that spell again until you finish a Long Rest. Wisdom is your Spellcasting Ability for these spells.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Goblin.
- Spells of the Mark. If you have the Spellcasting or Pact Magic class feature, the spells on the Mark of Finding Spells table are added to the spell list of your Spellcasting class.
Mark of Finding Spells
|1st||Faerie Fire, Longstrider|
|2nd||Locate Animals or Plants, Locate Object|
|3rd||Clairvoyance, Speak With Plants|
|4th||Divination, Locate Creature|
|5th||Commune With Nature|