Haunted by an ancient crime that robbed them of their wings, the flightless kenku wander the world as vagabonds and burglars who live at the edge of human society. Kenku suffer from a sinister reputation that is not wholly unearned, but they can prove to be valuable allies.
Source: Volo's Guide to Monsters
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
- Age. Kenku have shorter lifespans than humans. They reach maturity at about 12 years old and can live to 60.
- Alignment. Kenku are chaotic creatures, rarely making enduring commitments, and they care mostly for preserving their own hides. They are generally chaotic neutral in outlook.
- Size. Kenku are around 5 feet tall and weigh between 90 and 120 pounds. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Expert Forgery. You can duplicate other creatures' handwriting and craftwork. You have advantage on all checks made to produce forgeries or duplicates of existing objects.
- Kenku Training. You are proficient in your choice of two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Deception, Stealth, and Sleight of Hand.
- Mimicry. You can mimic sounds you have heard, including voices. A creature that hears the sounds you make can tell they are imitations with a successful Wisdom (Insight) check opposed by your Charisma (Deception) check.
- Languages. You can read and write Common and Auran, but you can speak only by using your Mimicry trait.