Hailing from a strange and distant land, wandering tabaxi are catlike humanoids driven by curiosity to collect interesting artifacts, gather tales and stories, and lay eyes on all the world's wonders. Ultimate travelers, the inquisitive tabaxi rarely stay in one place for long. Their innate nature pushes them to leave no secrets uncovered, no treasures or legends lost.
Source: Volo's Guide to Monsters
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Charisma score increases by 1.
- Age. Tabaxi have lifespans equivalent to humans.
- Alignment. Tabaxi tend toward chaotic alignments, as they let impulse and fancy guide their decisions. They are rarely evil, with most of them driven by curiosity rather than greed or other dark impulses.
- Size. Tabaxi are taller on average than humans and relatively slender. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Dimvision. You have a cat's keen senses, especially in the dark. Light sources provide 60ft. of additional dim light. You can't discern color in dim light, only shades of gray, but it does not impose disadvantage on perception checks.
- Feline Agility. Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your tum in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the tum. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
- Cat's Claws. Because of your claws, you have a climbing speed of 20 feet. In addition, your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
- Cat's Talent. You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.